We've been growing in the last couple of years and we're looking for a fun and talented person to grow with us. This is not a guiding position. Our program managers work on selected trips with guides, clients, and local partners/outfitters to assure everyone has the information they need.
- Enthusiasm for women's travel, especially small-group adventure travel
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with clients and colleagues
- Solid computer and Internet skills (MS Word, Excel, Internet, etc.)
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and can-do spirit who asks for help when she needs it
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Previous project/program management experience, preferably but not necessarily in the travel industry.
- Previous group travel experience as a guide or participant
- Travel and outdoor skills, knowledge, and experience
- Ability to work remotely with guides and local partners to ensure the highest standards in trip quality
- Excellent people skills required as liaison between local partners and outfitters, including reviews and communications, and negotiation of terms and conditions of services
- Ability to manage multiple critical deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with a virtual team
- Ability to troubleshoot technology problems
Specific duties and responsibilities (for a selected portfolio of trips):
- Client communication: Develops and annually updates trip-specific informational documents for clients; answers questions about trips by phone and email both before and after trip registration
- Trip logistics: Manages all trip reservations, including hotels, vehicles, activities etc.
- Partner relationships: Manages all aspect of partner relationships including written contracts (formal or informal), provision of client information (health, travel, pretrip rooming needs, rooming lists), sending client and guide evaluations, detailed summary regarding future changes
- Guide coordination: Provides guides with pax and reservation information, reviews guides' trip notes, conducts pre- and post-trip briefings, reviews guide evaluations and discusses with guide as needed
- Rotating office duties including phones, email, and general inquiries
Location: We are a virtual office and you can live anywhere in the US. You must have dedicated working space at home or elsewhere, an excellent wifi connection, and a computer with current software.
Hours: 25 - 30 hours per week to start with possibility for more
Compensation: based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include: workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, Social Security, annual bonus, and flexible work environment. After the first 6 months employees also receive a monthly contribution to medical insurance/health care costs through an HRA and a Simple IRA retirement plan with 3% company match
To apply: Please send a resume with letter detailing why you think you would be a good fit for the job and what you would bring to the company to firstname.lastname@example.org.