We know you’re always looking for a great adventure. Whether it’s exploring on Blue Ridge Rambling, or enjoying Ireland's Castles, Culture, and Hiking, we’re sure to find Adventuresses like you exploring the outdoors and experiencing cultures around the world. But sometimes we find adventures in other places: between the pages of a book.
That’s why we officially launched a monthly book club.
We were looking for a way to stay connected and take on some literary adventures while our literal adventures are somewhat paused, and found that reading and discussing travel-themed books was the perfect fix.
If you’re looking for an antidote to travel fever and miss the camaraderie of AGC Adventuresses, join our virtual book club. Each month, we will read an adventure or travel-themed book, and come together (virtually) to discuss it with you!
What could be better than a group of like-minded ladies taking on literary adventures together?
The Book Club Schedule for 2020*
- 6/3 The Salt Path by Raynor Winn
- 7/8 Doc Susie by Virginia Cornell
- 8/5 Eating Dirt by Charlotte Gill
- 9/9* The Land of Lost Borders by Kate Harris [ *This date was moved a week later than originally scheduled ]
- 10/7 Kilimanjaro Diaries by Eva Melusine Thieme
- 11/4 Going Alone: Women's Adventures in the Wild by BK Loren
- 12/2 Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
*Schedule subject to change as we progress through the options
Ready to join the ‘adventure’? The specific event details and Zoom links for each month will be available on our Facebook page. And, we will send out the details and virtual Zoom meeting link by email for each individual date/book, a few weeks in advance. You don't need to register or reserve a spot. Just join via the Zoom link provided for each date.
- You do not need to have a Zoom account to use it. But, you DO need to have Zoom installed on your computer or device. You can find all the download options available on this page: https://zoom.us/download
- Once you have the application installed, all you will need to do is click the Zoom Meeting link we will provide for each event, and the program will walk you through launching into the specific event we have set up.
- If you are new to Zoom, you can also check out this tutorial that is a great resource when using zoom for the first time:
We look forward to reading, chatting, exploring, and arm-chair adventuring with you!